C# Bsp Library
A downloadable tool for Windows and Linux
Advanced C# (Mono / .NET) library for BSP and WAD files.
There is no executable to run!
If you want to import Bsp maps into Unreal Engine I recommend you HammUEr (not my work).
Library was tested on Windows 7 and Debian 9 (see, there is 9) so I expect it to be platform-independent (requires mono or .NET and access to System.IO).
May work with other .NET languages but not tested.
Will (probably) be ported to C (later).
I am currently working on own version of VHE (Valve Hammer Editor) which will use this as base / core library. If you want to help me, send me message and we can talk about it.
- Loading visuals BSP files
- Creating OpenGL buffers from BSP (not final buffer data but all what is needed for them)
- Loading WAD files
- Creating WAD files
- Creating 256 color images (for WAD)
- Generating mipmaps (only 256 colors, required 4 mipmaps for WAD)
- Extracting BSP parts into a files (in directory) + building them back
- Full BSP support (loading light and colision)
- Loading FGD files and validating entities
- Loading visuals from MAP files
- Building BSP from visuals
Supported BSP versions:
- v30 (GoldSource)
- Counter-Strike 1.6
- Other games may work but are not tested
- VBSP (Valve BSP, Source) - NOT SUPPORTED (YET)
- rBSP (Respawn BSP, Titanfall) - NOT SUPPORTED (YET)
- IBSP (Quake)
- v38 / 0x26 (Quake 2) - NOT SUPPORTED (YET)
- v46 / 0x2e (Quake 3) - NOT SUPPORTED (YET)
Supported WAD versions:
- WAD2 (Quake) - SUPPORTED AS WAD3 (should not have transparency)
- WAD3 (GoldSource)
Click download now to get access to the following files: